Project Manager // Financial Services // 50,000 + benefits // Newport
I am on the lookout for an experienced Business Analyst who has worked on a wide range of projects in the Financial Services sector. Someone that has great interpersonal skills and is able to engage at closely with senior management level.
- Governance & Control
- Implement governance standards across the portfolio, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of programme deliverables
- Manage programme level Lessons Learned repository; attend Post Project Review meetings to identify key areas of improvement to be captured into the Lessons Learnt repository
- Manage the programme level risks and issues register
- Carry out assurance review processes as required by the PMO Manager
- Liaise with staff in other CUK PMOs so that standards are implemented consistently across CUK.
- Planning, Reporting & Control
- Work with the PMO manager to develop the IT Project Standards guide, seeking contributions from Project Managers, QA Team, Development Team and Service Implementation Lead to ensure that the Standards meet best practice
- Organise workshops to identify areas of improvement for projects, documenting recommendations and presenting them to the Director of Investment Management
- Build up a repository of project templates both technical and management to support the Project Managers – use examples from current and past projects to identify best practice
- Continue to evolve the processes and templates throughout the project lifecycle
- Implement project standards across all projects in the portfolio
- Update and administer the programme plan as required using reports from Project Managers and the outcomes of project and board level meetings and workshops
- Manage communications from the PMO mailbox including regular reporting cycle requests.
- Prepare consolidated material from project reports for monthly review
- Complete and distribute monthly portfolio level reports.
- Manage the portfolio-level benefits register, ensuring that all benefits are planned, monitored and benefits realisation is tracked
- Support implementation of the quality strategy, including any processes and templates, across all projects
- Implement the change control process across all projects and portfolios.
- PMO Analyst responsibilities when providing project support include:
- Supporting the definition of small/medium project Business Cases (scope, goals, deliverables, costs, timescales, plans, dependencies, resource requirements and milestones)
- Ensuring pre-scope project plan is communicated to all project stakeholders together with their individual responsibilities.
- Project Management
- Providing effective management support to project teams on small to medium sized projects, or assisting Project Managers on streams of other large projects
- Co-ordination of publication, review and sign-off of major Project Management deliverables
- Ensuring project plans are created and maintained, deliverables tracked against time and cost, and resource utilisation is monitored
- Monitoring and reporting on progress of the project to the Project Board and all stakeholders
- Co-ordinating quality activities to meet quality objectives. Managing project risks, issues and change control, communicating the impact to the project
- Monitoring projects against time, budget and quality standards
- Communication skills
- Stakeholder management
- Active listening
- MS Suite (Excel etc.)
If you would like to join a progressive and innovative organisation who really do value and look after their staff, then please send your CV to email@example.com
Project Manager // Financial Services // £50,000 + benefits // Newport